- "We're seeing so much nonsense after 9/11, and so many people are saying things about security, about terrorism that just makes no sense."
- "Homeland security measures are an enormous waste of money."
- "If the goal of security is to protect against yesterday's attacks, we're really good at it."
- "The system didn't fail in the way the designers expected."
- "Attackers exploit the rarity of failures."
- "More people are killed every year by pigs than by sharks, which shows you how good we are at evaluating risk."
- "Did you ever wonder why tweezers were confiscated at security checkpoints, but matches and cigarette lighters--actual combustible materials--were not?...If the tweezers lobby had more power, I'm sure they would have been allowed on board as well."
- "When the U.S. Government says that security against terrorism is worth curtailing individual civil liberties, it's because the cost of that decision is not borne by those making it."
- "...people make bad security trade-offs when they're scared."
Source: IT Conversations
Bruce Schneier - Wikipedia